Now with a simple test, you can find out whether you are infected with HPV virus - the main cause of cervical cancer. If you are not infected (test negative), then you can relax.
Cervical cancer is the cancer that starts in the cervix, the lower part of the uterus (womb) that opens at the top of the vagina. All cervical cancers are caused by Human Papilloma Virus (HPV). There are 150 kinds of HPV identified till date. They can broadly be classified as Low Risk, Probable high risk and High risk HPV types. The immune system overcomes the infection in majority of cases. Cervical cancer develops when the virus is not cleared and when the infection persists.
In India, every day, 200 women die of this disease & about 400 new cases are identified.
Cervical cancer prevention tests
Other related test that we provide
AyuGen’s digene HPV DNA test
- Our digene HPV Test is proven, established and reliable with a high median sensitivity of 96% for detecting precancers.
- It is clinically validated on more than 8 lakh patients from multiple countries.
- It is the current gold-standard in cervical cancer screening.
- It is US FDA cleared & CE marked and has more than 300 publications to support its strength and utility.
Why digene HPV DNA test?
- False Negative & false positive results are higher in other screening methods. Our test has a very high sensitivity than other screening tests available in the market today.
- It is cost effective. Negative test result helps in reducing screening frequency (once in 3 to 5 years).
- It has a “high negative predictive value” with 99.7% certainty.
WHO SHOULD DO THE TEST?
- Every woman of age 30 years and above.
- Women with abnormal Pap smears.
- To decide on the follow up procedures for patients with abnormal Pap smears.
Liquid Based Cytology
- Liquid Based Cytology test reduces the unsatisfactory rate of PAP test slides, and detects a significantly higher number of low- and high-grade squamous lesions when compared with the conventional PAP smear technique.
- The turn-around-time is about 5 to 7 days
- Sample requirement – Cervical Sample using EziPrep/Thin Prep Container
Histopathology is the study of tissues and its relation to disease. The definitive diagnosis of certain diseases including cancers is made by histopathological examination of a biopsy sample.
Change the story of Cervical Cancer.
Click to view video, why you should get tested.
For any additional queries,
mail to – firstname.lastname@example.org
For patient information click here
For doctor information click here